Saturday, June 2, 2007

Still Life

This past weekend I made my directorial debut on a 20 minute, indie, short film. The film is based on a one act play from a local play write and the story is about a brooding painter on the verge of success who hires a nude, female model to pose for him. During the session, the two come to realize they actually knew each other as kids in grade school and they both witnessed the death of the girl's Grandfather several years ago. They each had crushes on each other and now they coincidentally reunite and a budding romance emerges between the two.

I haven't been on a real film set in about 10 years and it felt great to finally be back in the director's helm again. We shot the film in a really cool artist space in Ballard and we were very lucky to have the space donated by local artist Virginia Howlett (click on the link to take a 360 degree view around the space by using your mouse)

The day started at 8am and we shot all day and finally wrapped on time at 8pm. I can't even begin to describe how sore my legs are from standing all day and I really need to get some sleep because we're finishing filming tomorrow but I'm still so excited from the shoot today that I can't quite fall asleep.

I will be posting some of the production stills shortly when I get them from the on-set photog. Now we begin the fun and challenging task of post production. I can't wait to finish this bad boy and then the plan is to submit it to several short film fests.

3 comments:

Kittykat said...

That is so exciting, G$! I want to see it when it's done! Sounds like an amazing experience!

January said...

wow, that sounds awesome. i can't wait to see some stuff!

Bryan Fish said...

are you sure this isn't just an elaborate scheme to hang with a nude model all day? but seriously, I'm really glad to see you back in the chair again. Hope this is the first of many.