Saturday, May 26, 2007

bottoms up


I've had a pretty nasty cough the last few weeks and when I realized it wasn't going away by itself, I decided to make an appt. to get it checked out. My main reason for delaying the visit was because I was waiting for my new health insurance to kick in with my temp gig. Of course my regular doc didn't accept my new insurance so I had to scout around for a new one which is a hassle because I've had the same guy for a few years and I didn't really want to switch to someone new. I found a Sports Medicine doc, which is a bit odd but he's also a general M.D. He is also one of the official docs that gives physicals to all new Mariners players when they join the team. He had a couple of signed jerseys and quite a few pictures of various players from over the years hanging in the office. For a moment, I thought that was really cool until I remembered that I don't really give a crap about baseball and think that it's a rather boring sport. The Dr. was very nice and professional but I couldn't stop fixating on the fact that he was a middle-aged man that still parted his hair right down the middle. I kept thinking that I bet this guy has had the same hairstyle since high school and he just never let go of it.

It turns out that I have a sinus infection with a side dish of bronchitis. The total for the meds was $130 plus $30 for the co-pay which seemed a bit steep to me. Damn, how do old people pay for their meds? Maybe I could start a charter bus service to transport retirees over the border to Canada to go on med runs. (I'm not talking about the green meds that you smoke either)

I'm sure everyone remembers the repugnant "cherry" flavored cough syrup as a kid and this shit still exists and it's as nasty as ever! I took a big slug of it this morning and my gag reflex kicked in immediately. Even after chasing it with cold water, the nasty taste lingered in my mouth for several seconds. Not a good way to start the morning....

2 comments:

Kittykat said...

Sorry to hear you're sick, G$! That is a lot to pay for co-pay and meds! Lame!

daisymayrobin said...

If you mix it with alcohol, can you have a fun time?