Wednesday, June 6, 2007

wednesday


I am a 39 year old single man that is not currently dating anyone and today is Wednesday evening, June 6th. I left my temp job today at roughly 5:30 pm and I arrived home in Ballard at 7:15. The door to door drive was no longer than 13 miles and it took me a long-ass, fucking time to get home. I didn't see any accidents or abandoned vehicles that would have made traffic slow down. No, that's just the way it is on westbound 520 in rush hour.

I have an excessive amount of mail that has collected around my apt recently and I had to get rid of it. I pay a lot of my bills online (it's a lot faster and you don't need stamps) so I have a bunch of credit card offers and junk mail that I don't want and I don't feel comfortable just ripping them up. A few years ago, someone got my debit card number and paid off their delinquent account with my card. Luckily it was very easy for my credit card company to trace the charge back to the dipshit that used my stolen card number to pay off their past due phone bill.

I decided that I should probably buy a paper shredder to rid myself of the abundance of unwanted paper so I checked my trusty source, craigslist. In the past year I have found some amazing deals such as a barely used Imac for video editing, 50% off two almost new Ikea bar stools and 70% off of a very stylie, retro looking entertainment center.

I found an ad on CL from a guy that also works at the same software giant as I do and I met him at lunch time to make the purchase. He just happened to have 4 brand new paper shredders sitting in the trunk of his car for 60% off retail and he appeared to be the Redmond version of Goodfellas. I really didn't want to know any of the details so I didn't ask any questions and 24 dollars later and a quick hand shake and I was on my merry way with a brand new paper shredder in an un-opened box.

Now it's evening and I've had a few rum and crans and I've calmed down from my commute from Hell. One of the nice things about drinking rum is that it turns mundane tasks (such as paper shredding) into a fun little game. Note to self: Watch your fingers while shreddin' up a storm. And this is how I spent my Wednesday evening.

2 comments:

daisymayrobin said...

It's now Thursday and I'm afraid to ask. Did you lose a finger? : )

Gmoney said...

No, luckily I still have all of my digits in tact.