Friday, September 21, 2007

Have a Hoot-arific day

One of the nice things about being unemployed is that you can catch up with friends over lunch. My friend Jody and I decided to be kooky and we met up at Hooters on Lake Union. This was my first trip ever to the land of orange shorty-shorts and nylons and I was pretty damn curious to experience this bit of "culture" first hand.

The atmosphere wasn't quite as surreal as I was hoping it would be and it turned out to be your typical sports bar with burgers, fries, wings and flat screen tv's everywhere. The best part of the experience was the view of course. Hey wait a minute, I meant the lovely view of the lake but the Hooters gals were babelicious-in that overly made-up kind of way.

The mid-day crowd was pretty Dude-heavy as one would expect. You had your table of blue collar construction workers next to your table of IT geeks. The table next to us seemed to be retirees that were visiting from out of town. My guess is they were from Spokane or some other part of Eastern WA. These gents each bought a calendar of the Hooter gals and I'm sure that kept them occupied for the long drive back home.

The gals were all very nice and perky and cute but they refused to give me a lap dance when they brought my food. Wait, this isn't that kind of place! What if I throw in an extra $5?
I kid, I kid.

1 comment:

Kittykat said...

Good times! I went to a Hooter's in Vancouver one time because I wanted nachos and they were open late. I was disappointed to see that the girls were all wearing strange tan colored tights under their shorts. But it was an interesting experience nonetheless.