Tuesday, July 24, 2007

520 Swamp





I take the 520 bridge Eastbound every morn to work and lately I've been noticing all the lily pads that are in Lake Washington just under the bridge and I thought that would make for some great photos. Here are some pics that I snapped in the bowels of the bridge near UW.

The sad but funny part of the story is that I spotted a fallen tree that jutted into the water a bit and I thought that would give me the perfect shot. Without thinking, I quickly stepped onto it and slipped on the wet surface and fell, which totally jacked my knee. My first concern was to not get my camera wet and then my cell phone started ringing, as I sat on the log drenched in water-not exactly the best timing! I limped back to my car and made it home in one piece.

Today I'm taking the day off because I can barely put any weight on my right knee and I probably have a minor sprain. The irony is that I was playing hooky from work yesterday when I fell so I had to take a real sick day to recouperate. Luckily I have the comfort of cable t.v and I've been watching, Ice Road Truckers all morning on The History Channel. Lesson learned, but I hope my 5 or 6 readers appreciate the lengths that I take to deliver high quality pics.

2 comments:

Kittykat said...

We appreciate it, GMoney! I like the close-up of the lily pads.

Hope your knee is better soon! Ouch!!

Unknown said...

very nice :)