Sunday, July 27, 2008

road trippin

I decided to take a quick trip to Coeur d' Alene ID to enjoy the summer while it lasts.

My older sister and brother in-law lived in the area in the early 80's and I went to visit them as a young lad. It's been at least 25 years since I've been back to the area. I don't remember much of the town except for the large lake and that was the main reason why I wanted to go back.

I found a quiet spot along the beach and it was nice to take in the sun and catch up on some reading.

I don't mind traveling alone and I generally enjoy the solitude but I did get an odd reaction from the young, married couple with kids that managed the motel that I rented by myself for two nights.

I felt like blurting out to them in my defense, No, I don't have a dead hooker in the trunk of my car!

1 comment:

January said...

nice pics. looks like you had a relaxing time.